Spare Time Designs by Stacie

A journal of my artful journey.

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Oh So Charming

Here's a sample of the charms that I made for Dawn's charm swap on Art.e.Zine. There are 25 for the swap. I started with a scrabble tile. Adhered paper from a vintage dictionary page then sealed it. Drilled my holes & added sealer. I added some color with various Caran d'Ache Neocolor II crayons then smuged and blended. Then sealed again. Then I added the image, and sealed again. Some images have accents of color from the crayons that are also sealed. The sides are finished with metallic paint pens. I needed large jump rings & I wanted them to be sturdy so I made them out of 18 g wire & work hardened them with a rawhide mallet, then tapped them with a hammer for decorative purposes. These were fun to make & I hope that people who get one will enjoy my charms.

1 Comments:

At 3:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your charms!! If I make some will you cut out all the little images for me?...lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home